Sunday, February 13, 2011

It all started...

I was baptized as a baby and had always believed in God, but had never been very devout. It all started by my mom forcing me to take my confirmation. Through confirmation I got into Lifeteen and started to attend mass regularly. It all started then.

I first began to feel God's call to priesthood at a local youth rally put on by my diocese, I just hadn't figured it out yet. They had several "workshops" or classes about various things. There was one that was called vocations. It seemed the most interesting of all the other workshops. Giving the workshop were a few priest and brothers from the Brothers of The Sacred Heart, and a priest, who we'll call Fr. J, who is the vocations director for my diocese, and a few other priests and brothers, whom I cant really remember. They talked about priesthood and their various religious orders and then answered any questions we had. They were all really nice guys and one of them even kind of looked like Seth Rogan. hahaha. (The one who looked like Seth rocked out with us while Matt Maher performed later on in the day.) 

About a couple months went by before I truly felt God's call. We had a Lifeteen retreat at my parish and were doing Eucharistic Adoration. I wasn't really feeling anything so I decided to go up and get prayed over at the alter by our Deacon, whom we'll call Dc. M. This is when I noticed His call. When Dc. M finished praying over me, he asked me, "Is God calling you to Priesthood?". I was overcome with the Holy Spirit and burst into tears. Between sobs I was able to utter out a "yes". Dc. M said that he could sense it and that I should pray about it. He also said I have a lot of time to listen and that I shouldn't jump to conclusions to quickly.

Since that moment, which was around this time last year, I have given my life to Christ, I have been confirmed in my faith, I have built up my faith, grown in spirituality, and have felt God's love and witnessed his works in all aspects of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment