Thursday, November 10, 2011

Ave Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis.

     I know that I haven't posted anything new in a long time, so bear with me as I try to make up for it in this one super awesome blog post. Hahahahahaha

      The Devil has been working overtime in an attempt to lead me away from God. I've been getting a lot of doubts recently. For some reason, I have been getting the idea lately that my I have been wrong about being called to the priesthood, and that I am called to become a politician so that I may "change the world for the sake of Christ." Like I said, bear with me….

     I have also realized this: It is very hard to discern weather a thought is from God or Satan, and that if we get to scrupulous about this, it can also begin to drive us away from God. We have all heard the saying "to Jesus through Mary" right? Well, I realized the other night, whilst praying the rosary, that if I begin all of my scriptural reflections and all of my prayers for discernment with a special prayer to Mary, then she will do her best to make sure the Devil shuts up.


     Take note of where Mary's "staff" is. The Devil cant lie if he's too busy being defeated by Mary. I still feel deeply called to the Priesthood, regardless, of what Satan tries to say. Now that the devil is out of the way, I can concentrate more on what God is trying to say.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jon. Just wanted to commend you on your apparent decision, or great interest in joining the preisthood. I think that it is okay to reconsider, because it really seems like hard work and a very long and challenging road. People take so many different professions and adopt all sorts of lifestyles, both deliberately as well as just by playing it by ear. If your road is the road of a priest I think it is very good because I've never met a man who was interested in becoming one. Yet there are many occupations, professions, specializations and vocations which people take. It depends on where youre interested in developing and working and making a difference. I think its okay if you decide not to commit to this but I think if you don't do it we are going to have one less priest in the Catholic church and I don't think that would be good. As far as the devil in this world pulling us away from God goes, I guess this is the truth all the time until God's plan for this world is finally completed. Therefore, eternal vigilance REMAINS the price of liberty and it is not necessarily a curse. I saw an inscription somewhere that read, "for those who think happiness is only found in the sunshine, they have never known what it is like to dance in the rain."

    ReplyDelete