Friday, September 30, 2011

My letter to Congress and to my local reprisenatives and senators concerning the Protection of Conscience Rights in Health Care.

My name is Jonathan Pirillo. I am a junior in High school. I am a Roman Catholic. I am Pro-Life.

I do not think that it is right to mandate that a medical institution with a religious foundation should be forced to offer "Pro-Choice" services. It is an obvious and blatant violation of our rights stated in the First Amendment of the Constitution on the United States of America. 300 years ago, when freedom of religion was only extended to protestants and puritans, this type of action might have been excused. But we live in the year 2011. I have a phone that does 2000 things all at once, yet our country cannot seem to wake up to the brutality and barbarianism of abortion. We've already been torn apart once over civil rights, and I hate to see it happening over the right to life.

I have heard it said that this law does not matter to religious facilities with a predominant population of faculty members and patients who are all of the same religious morals and beliefs. This makes absolutely no sense. As Christians we are all called to reach out to those in need, especially those who are not of the same beliefs as us. What do you expect us to say? "Mr. Jenkins, since you are an atheist we can no longer treat you for you chronic and highly lethal disease."? That isn't right, and we wont stand for it.

I thank you for your time in considering this matter. Know of my prayers for you, and know of God's love for you. May he bless you abundantly in all that you do.

Sincerely,
Jonathan Pirillo

No comments:

Post a Comment